Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, August 7, 2011

"Summer Social" Guest Project -- Make DIY Corbels out of Scrap Wood!!


 


Hey! I am Stacy from Not JUST A Housewife and I LOVE power tools!






I also love to make things out of nothing. 

I recently redecorated my hallway and I wanted to have an old corbel to use as a shelf. I knew that a vintage one would be super pricey so I looked online to see about a new one. They are anywhere between $60 to $300+!!!! Crazy huh? So I thought to myself, there must be a way to make one.



Here is how I did it:


  •  I got an old board from our garage. 

  • I free handed a design. It could be anything you want. You can find example online or dream up your own.





  • I used my jigsaw to cut out the design. (I heart my $20 jigsaw)









  • Then I repeated this step 4 more times so that I ended up with 5 of these. 






  • I labeled the first one with a one so that I could use that as the pattern every time. Cause you know, a copy of a copy just isn't the same.





  • I used my brad nailer (nail gun) to attach them one by one.





  • I had a piece of molding left over from my kitchen redesign so I cut it at 45 degree angles. I also cut out a rectangle that they would be nailed to.







  • I cut out another rectangle piece that was slightly smaller that the top piece with the molding. It got nailed on first. Then the top piece got nailed to that.





Here it is all nailed together!





I puttied the nail holes and then sanded it smooth. Not too smooth though. I wanted it to look old.




I painted it this fun golden yellow and distressed it.




It makes a fun addition to my hallway and cost me nothing to make! Hey, who doesn't like free???




Stacy - that is awesome. And I love the yellow color that you painted it too!!










Stacy is amazing with power tools and a paint brush, and such a creative DIYer. 


Check out these projects: 




I am in LOVE with her Outdoor Screen - those colors are fabulous!!




Have you seen Stacy's Stenciled Ceiling?? Ahh-mazing. So pretty!




And if that wasn't cool enough, she painted her kitchen ceiling too!







And, Stacy is featured in Better Homes and Gardens this month too. Congratulations!!! 





Be sure to stop by Not Just A Housewife and see all of Stacy's DIY ideas!!





xoxox




PS -- I just got home from my trip last night, so a Giveaway Monday will be coming up later this week. Plus, more great tutorials. And tomorrow I am painting my kitchen. I am excited to update you on the Kitchen Remodel. It's coming along great!!!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...