Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Family Picture Wall Makeover

header
I have a built-in nook in my family room. I’ve never done much with it since we have lived here.

Then I got my new canvas from the Canvas People and knew that I wanted to do something fun with that space.

all together


 Cutting Edge Stencils sent me a wonderful new wallpaper stencil to try out as part of The DIY Club and I thought it would be a perfect place to add a little personality to the room. It is the Parsley Blooms Wall Pattern Kit.


This is what the nook looked like before.

before
The first thing I did was paint the alcove. I used Mythic Paint’s flat indoor paint and the color is Aquarium.
aquarium water
I love the soothing blue-green tones. I also love Mythic Paint because it is no odor and toxic free so it’s safe to use indoors and around my kids.
mythic paint
Once I got the wall painted and it had dried I added a little white paint to the Aquarium color and created a couple different, lighter shades to use the Cutting Edge Stencil with.
 paint the wall
I taped the stencil to the wall using blue painters tape. Then I rolled the paint onto the stencil. And Cutting Edge Stencils are so easy to work with. They are virtually goof proof. I started at the edge of the wall and did each color about 4-5 times with the stencil, spacing the flowers out pretty evenly. I didn’t want it to seem too uniform, so I had the stencil overlap in a few places. If you haven’t tried Cutting Edge Stencils, you really should. I say this because I have used their stencils for a few projects and every single time the stencil has turned out great.

They are so easy to use.

applying the stencil
after stencil
Then I hung up my pictures and plates! I used DISCHangers to hang up the plates. They are wonderful! You just put a little water on the back and then wait a few minutes and you are ready to go!
hang plates

So now I have a real focal point in my room.

after 2

from the side


I hope you are having a great week so far!



PS --

I have so much to share soon!

I got my mantels done and a new Advent Calendar to share.

Plus I made a Ruffly Christmas Tree and a Wreath for my front door! And some Felt Trees for my Mantel

I just need some time to write up the posts – lol!

XOXO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...