Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thanksgiving Project -- Turn an old window into Thankful Art!



I found an old glass cabinet door on the side of the road this summer. And instead of just driving by, I popped it into the back of my car.  I'll show you how I made it into something festive and fun!
 My friend Beckie at Infarrantly Creative, the queen of Roadkill Rescue is rubbing off on me - LOL.


The window's been sitting in my craft room waiting for a redo. I started making it over about a month ago. I originally was going to paint pumpkins on it, but after two craft fails, I gave up on my painting skills. So on to round two -- and in came my Silhouette.


First I took off the hinges and painted the frame. I chose a really neutral tan for the frame. I added a little polyurethane over the top.


I printed off a scrolly design for the top and the bottom of the frame. And then used Edwardian Script for the "Be Thankful".


I took a piece of plywood and cut it to the same size as the inside of the frame. Then I covered the plywood with a very thin layer of batting and fabric. I wrapped the fabric around the back of the plywood sheet and attached it to the wood with Gorilla Glue Tape. And that tape also attached the frame to the back of the window.


The last thing I did was add a sparkly knob! 
 Very easy project. And if I ever get tired of the Thanksgiving Saying, I can take the vinyl off, print something new and switch out the fabric for a different look!


And -- I have some exciting news coming up regarding Silhouette so stay tuned!!


I'm sharing this over at The CSI Project.

Where it's the Thanksgiving Challenge this week! 

Come over and share YOUR Thanksgiving ideas!! Melissa from The Inspired Room is our fabulous guest judge this week :)

Visit thecsiproject.com



Have a Wonderful Tuesday!!
What are YOU doing today??


xoxo
I'm linking up to these fabulous parties  - check them out!!
  
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite SpecialUndertheTableandDreamingAll Thingz Related giveawaysLife as LoriThe Trendy TreehouseThe DIY Show OffTidy Mom I'm Lovin It FridaysBCD 125


And Topsy Turvey Tuesdays
















This post brought to you by

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...