Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Singer 660 review..... shes a tank!!!

I've spent all day working on a bicycle tire messenger bag and a unique bicycle tire purse that would have thrashed any other sewing machine in existence. My little Janome broke after only one bicycle tire bag but Helga, the Singer 660 went through 4 layers of tires, 2 layers of vinyl, and a layer of fabric lining at on period during the project. She was fantastic. I'm still getting used to her since I really haven’t had a big sewing machine like that before. She terrifies me and tried to beat up Olivia, my niece who just moved in with us.





Olivia was sitting and working on Helga making a really cute purse when Helga randomly threw temper tantrum and threw a needle in several pieces at Olivia’s face. One fragment of the needle grazed her cheek and hit the wall on the opposite side of the room, penetrating the surface and I think ended up somewhere in my neighbor’s garage.



It's no secret that we have no idea what we're doing with our projects, but I have a lot of fun and experiment a lot and eventually come up with some great stuff. I'm so happy with how this messenger bag is turning out I think I'll put it on my business cards!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...