Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, May 21, 2010

Shop: Now Appearing at The Milkhouse



Two weeks ago, I moved in to a second brick and mortar shop (the first being The West End Garage in Cape May NJ). The Milkhouse in bucolic Glenmoore, PA, is well on its way to being a destination antique and housewares mecca. As often happens in life, my biggest challenge led to a solution that has become one of my favorite elements of the space. There are no side walls to differentiate between my shop and its neighbors. I didn't have enough doors to block in the entire space, so I opted to hang fabric panels from floor to ceiling on each side. They help to define the space without blocking it in and still allow the light from two windows to reach the rest of the store. 

An old twin bed has been converted into a bench. 


A poster print mold spells Glassware for New Year's (it took me some effort to figure that out). Next to it hang a lovely pair of French prints in my favorite colors for the season--corals and aquas.

I love the simplicity of a Hoosier table with bleached wooden legs. Next to it a straw rocker is paired with a cushion made from a vintage tablecloth. A hat mold has been converted into a bird-themed shadowbox.

A bristol vase makes an elegant lamp. Beside it, laboratory jars store vintage marbles, porcelain number balls and dominoes. A teacup candle with a tangerine scent hides under a glass dome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...