Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, December 17, 2010

Guest Project -- Make Beautiful Beaded Napkin Rings!



Hello! My name is Jen and I blog about crafting, kids and my never ending renos over at

Let's Make it Ours. 


I am super excited to be here today to show you how to make a pretty napkin ring, perfect for your holiday table!  


Supplies: 
Beading Wire - I used nylon covered stainless steel cable (7-strand)  purchased for $1 at the dollar store. 
Glass Beads - I used two sizes, the smaller being seed beads. I bought one package of each size for $2.99 each at Michaels and had more than enough to make 6 napkin rings. 
I started with approximately 45 inches of beading wire, folded it in half to double up and folded the end over a bit so the beads didn't slip off. Next, I strung the larger beads on to the double wire, until it was approximately 13 inches long. At this point, I grabbed one of my rolled up napkins and wrapped the wire around it to make sure it was the correct length.  
I also made sure that the wire was even and not twisted at all on the backside.  
Next, I inserted the end of the doubled up wire in between the two strands of wire on each row and also the loop at the end. 
 I pulled it all tight, separating the two ends  and tied a couple knots to secure the center. 
Next I cut a piece of r, approximately 35" inches long and leaving a 7 inch tail on one side, tied it in a double knot around the center. Then I began to string the larger beads onto the long end. Once I had 4-5 inches of beads, I threaded the wire through the center, pulling it tight and tied it together with one of the ends. 
I  strung the large beads onto the long piece and again, pushed through the center and tied off. I repeated this step with different sized beads until I had the number of loops  I wanted. I ended up with two loops made of larger beads and three with the seed beads. 
Finally, I cut the ends down to half an inch or so and tucked them into the center of a couple of bead strings. 
The possibilities are endless with the colors, number of loops and the shape of the beads you could use for this! Have fun dressing up your table this holiday season! 


Jen - those napkin rings are so elegant.
They would be beautiful for Christmas and for New Years Eve.


Jen is a mom of two who loves to craft and create in her spare time. Check out her beautiful tutorials: 


You will love Jen's great ideas over at Let's Make It Ours!


xoxo


PS -- It's Friday! The last Weekend Wrap Up before Christmas is coming up tonight. I hope you will come link up your great ideas. I would love to feature you! The party goes up tonight at 6 pm {MST}.

HollyBloggyButton1
And, it's the last day of The Holly Bloggy Christmas Party with a great linky party over at Tidy Mom!! Be sure to link up - there are more awesome giveaways too. Don't miss it!



In case you missed it - here are the parties you can enter to be eligible to win prizes. I will be featuring my favorites from my Homemade Gift party this weekend!



Monday Dec. 13 Homemade Gifts hosted by ME!

Tuesday Dec. 14
Christmas Crafts hosted by Craft Envy

Wednesday Dec. 16
Christmas Decor hosted by The Shabby Chic Cottage

Thursday Dec. 16
Christmas Recipes hosted by Simply Sweet Home

Friday Dec. 17
Christmas Edition I’m Lovin’ It hosted by TidyMom





0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...