Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Guest Project -- Make Burlap Christmas Trees!

Hello all!!  I am Angie with The Country Chic Cottage and I am BEYOND thrilled to be here on Tatertots and Jello!!  



The Country Chic Cottage is all about decor, transformations, crafting, and tutorials...all while on a budget!  I started blogging after a new year's resolution to spruce up my home decor.  The twist?  No budget to do it with!  :)  

Come on over and follow along with my adventures!

It is time to start Christmas decorating!  



What better way to decorate than with

Burlap Christmas tree! 



Wanna make your own?  Gather two different colors of burlap, some glue, and some poster board.  If you want one of those little sheet music trees you can gather that up too! :)

Cut your posterboard into patterns...like this...I used a plate to cut into circles then folded into fourths.  Remove one of the fourths.
Use this to cut out your darker color burlap.
Wrap your poster board into a cone to make your tree form.
I just used a staple to secure.  Wrap your burlap around your form and secure with a clothes pin.
Mix 1/2 glue and 1/2 water.  Now...that same paint brush...the day before...I used it with some glitter paint....yep...glitter ended up in my glue.  I actually liked it after I finished it!  So maybe add a touch of glitter to your mixture.  Apply your mixture generously all over the burlap.
Cut the lighter burlap into a long thin strip.
Wrap it around your form securing on both ends with two clothes pins.


Apply more glue mixture...liberally.  And let dry.  Yes it will take a looong time to dry.  Then just remove the inner form by crushing it and pulling it out. 


Want to make a sheet music tree too?  Just wrap around into a cone, secure with scotch tape, and cut off the bottom to be level.  So easy!
That other tree?  It is a Martha Stewart folded magazine tree...google it.  Martha does the instrutions much better than me!  :)
Thanks so much for having me Jenn!!  :) 

~Angie~

What a fun project Angie! I love that you used posted board instead of foam - so much cheaper!!



I love Angie's blog -- she has tons of fun ideas and tutorials!

Some of my favorites are:
 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiMXFHj7mjnO13dZAAGJdyJ6urGbBDQEJDumUk5EgyJ5Y48sD8R_QmY2sKcAeT_5osguL_Fk5nGRk9Sg7t-GL1YwJYO1lqX5zhQN0Qv7KbcELg7y91U_2mM71At35rPzk29ztEvlxEMZivF/s1600/DSCF5626.JPG

{Dictionary Ornaments}



https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg6QKtpgxwzHcxCiNUYqHtStX7lxC8_KZ4_XPWtec2U88D-vIvlTOpsFkp_Y5DEranva01V4Q7Q_SJWUAaboaP0KkeQqelvMM7IAdVG0xc4BIsrBvfLfjshRm14f6EfG-6x8OJ7B3zuVr2I/s1600/DSCF5022.JPG

{Ballard-inspired Finial Knock Off}



https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjvSLLEMdlNypNl1QU3PwAv8hlKahVIniDKph23Q32zMdJPXkX8I7PBAJN7EqQfd1cxApkoIbNheszqDrWbCgBeyPIKmdLYiT2NnRT50PD34AYhw9-LV4NPi3f7zxqXTAga_2WPT_IoJ7zZ/s1600/DSCF4839.JPG

{Shabby Rose Fall Wreath}



https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjfBI-v4pbW_yZ0Qy5gBXU3VR3UBmp6pR_jmPu42tNb5h3FYPFLfKbFENZLUY-P-9uxviLB90cEFk3hfthqAfXNLhgusKL7uXMtripN9S7HO_izVmTAu1PHOjAqh3hOrxW9X8oQwF6hFbJq/s1600/DSCF4470.JPG

{Monks Cloth Pumpkins}



There are so many fun ideas - it's hard to choose just a few! Be sure to stop by

The Country Chic Cottage

and say hi!



xoxo

















This post brought to you by

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...