Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Painted Chevron Rug Reveal {tutorial}






I finally got some pictures of my newest project -- 


My Painted Chevron Rug!!







And.... I love it!!










I know, I know --


Everyone is obsessed with Chevron.


I jumped on the bandwagon and I think it's fun.


I love the bold, graphic lines and statement that it makes in a room!




{Ikea rug}


I painted the rug white and then used my favorite color these days -- Martha Stewart's Arrowroot.







  


The same color as my Pennant Pantry









I just can't get enough of this color!!!







Shelley came over and we had a great time stenciling the big Chevron stripes on our rugs.


She printed off two big Chevron stripes.


We laid them on our rugs and painted in between both stripes.


I used my handy dandy ruler to make sure the spaces was right.


Between the two of us, we were able to stencil each of our rugs in about an hour.


And then we had a FAB new designer rug!!!!


{for more instructions, check out my first post on this project}









**And you could totally make your own stencil using either stencil plastic from your craft store or heavy paper. Just measure out your Chevron pattern and cut it out.














Now, one drawback to the painting technique is that the rug got a little bit crunchy.


So Shelley had a great idea -- sand it!!!


I got out one of my favorite DIY tools -- my mini electric sander...




and in about 5 minutes my rug went from hard and crunchy to soft and pliable.


Plus, I love the beachy texture that came through when I sanded it!!





Now my dilemma is --- where do I put my new rug???





It goes everywhere!!










My kitchen...










My Board and Batten Bathroom...










My entryway.....










My Beachy Laundry Room....










My Family Room.....


















Hmmm, what do you think??





I can't decide.





But I DO know that for under $30 it was a GREAT deal on a rug with some Summery Personality!!!








Thanks Shelley for a fun day painting!!!


Check out Shelley's version of the rug -- so cute {squeeeeeeeal}





xoxo



I'm linking up with these fun parties:








The DIY Show OffBCD 125UndertheTableandDreaminggiveawaysTidy Mom I'm Lovin It Fridays











0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...