Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Summer is here

I've been exceedingly quiet recently, due to my project being in full swing. Finally, as deadline was on Monday 2nd May, I can finally update with my outcome.

I tried to create an interior that reflected The Scottish Environmental Protection Agency's (SEPA) field, as well as creating a fun space in which to work. I also wanted new visitors to be surprised by their interesting surroundings, thus promoting the crucial work that SEPA do. When I visited their branch in Arbroath, it became apparent they were working in mundane office conditions which makes motivation within their staff difficult to achieve, as well as downplaying their work for visitors entering.

I tried to create an urban jungle, taking industrial brutalism and infusing it with the impurities and lack of uniform seem in the environment. For example, the 4 managers office spaces are all next to each other, however I made small differences between them, similar to how tree's grow. You can plant them in a row but no two will grow the same. Some have slightly bigger floorspace, however have a lower ceiling, or partial ceiling. Some have views into communal areas of the building, and some have drops from the above floor down into their space - however all have smart glass facades, which may be turned "on" or "off" depending on the privacy required.

Details

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...