Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Candy Party: Part 2 -- Embellished Lanterns, Dimensional Magic Necklaces and Goodie Bags






 To decorate the front of the house and each side of the Candy Buffet, 


we made these Giant Lollipops. 


I saw the idea on Tip Junkie


They are super easy to create and make such a statement!!




 Another decoration we created was Embellished Lanterns. I bought some plain lanterns at Pier 1 a couple weeks ago with the idea of embellishing them for my backyard for evening BBQ's. Then I realized they would be so fun to hang from my ceiling as a birthday decoration too!






This is also a fast decorating idea. 





All I did was get different kinds of ribbon, lace and fabric flowers. Then I hot glued them on the lanterns. I added some sparkly jewels to the flowers too.







I also made a couple of Pennant Lanterns for fun.


I had seen a fabulous pennant lantern on Pinterest and wanted to see if I could do something similar. I used some Washi Tape on the large lantern to attach the fabric pennants. 







And on the smaller lantern, I used ribbon and made the pennants out of the Washi Tape. All I did was cut out little triangles with the tape and then hot glued the ribbon on and then stuck the tape pennants right under the ribbon. Kind of fun! 









Hannah is a very creative girl and she wanted to make something with her friends as a party activity.


We decided to make some Personalized Necklaces.









I found some metal round jewelry disks on clearance at my craft store for 90% off. I bought those and some brightly colored beads.







Then the girls cut out some scrapbook paper to fit in the metal round disks and I mod podged those onto the disks, covering the front of the paper too. While we let those dry, the girls strung up their beads and gorged on candy from the Candy Buffet.







After the mod podge had dried, they picked out their initial from some scrapbook letters, we attached them to the disks and then filled in the surface with Plaid's Dimensional Magic. This is a great product to use instead of epoxy or resin which can take a long time to dry and is tricky to mix. Plus, the Dimesional Magic dries much quicker.







We let those dry. And Embellished some little mini lunch boxes that I also found on clearance. I matched the beads to the colors in the lunch boxes so each girl's beads would match their lunch box. When the party was over we let the girls take the candy home from the Candy Buffet in their lunch boxes.








It was so fun to see her huge smile!! 



xoxo









0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...