Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, July 29, 2011

Summer Project -- Houndstooth Pedicures!!








With four girls in our household, we are into all of the glitz and frilliness that go along with being girly. One of our favorite parts of Summer are pedicures!! We love giving each other pedicures and inviting our friends over for them too!





When Beckie was out filming our webshow this weekend, she mentioned a new (to me) product -- nail polish strips. I immediately had to buy some to try with my girls. The brand that I tried was Sally Hansen Salon Effects. I love all of the different patterns and colors that are available in this line.





PLUS, they are so easy to apply. The strips stick to your nails and you don't even have to wait for them to dry. Genius!! Beckie said that hers had been on for two weeks and they still looked awesome!!






I bought the Houndstooth pattern, just my style! 




So yesterday Ella and I experimented with them. This is what we did:





1. Make sure your nails are clean and dry.




2. Hold the stips up to your nails and decide which size will work best.





3. Peel off the clear plastic coating, and then the white backing.




4. Place the strip right up next to the cuticle of your nail and then stretch it slightly so it really grabs the nail. Then trim the excess.





5. Do this to all the nails. Then come back and use the pink nail file (which is provided) and Shape the strips to fit the nail exactly.








And you are done!! 


In 15 minutes I had a pedicure that didn't have to dry. And it has a really cool pattern too!






And another company that has cool nail patterns is Jamberry Nails.





Here are some other great pedicure ideas:






 


  • You can always have a Glitter toes Party like we did. One of my favorite posts of all time :) 



 












xoxo 





**In case you were wondering, I wasn't paid to write this post. I just thought this was a really cool product :) 





Have a Fantastic Friday!! 






PS -- I just found out that today you can get nail shields for FREE if you sign up at  Save More. They have 40 different patterns to choose from. Such a great deal!!


xoxox







PPS -- It's almost time for the Weekend Wrap Up Party!! I am SO excited to see YOUR ideas. The party starts at 6 pm {MST} tonight!!












0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...