Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, August 19, 2011

Summer Yard & Patio Makeover


S  U  M  M  E  R     Y  A  R  D
________________________

Summer is almost over, but I couldn't resist posting some pictures of our progress that we've been working on around our house. Where did the summer go?
I guess I've been super busy!

    This summer my husband and I decided that our backyard needed some major TLC, for sure! {we have not done anything to it since we moved in 4 years ago... gasp!} So, it all started when we purchased a concrete garden bench and a metal arbor and the ideas just flowed from there of what we could do to the yard. We started out planting flowerbeds on 2 corners of the backyard and we also added several new plants to the front yard too.

Here are a few pictures:




First, Jacob started tearing up the grass, he cleared the area of weeds and overgrown grass to prepare it for planting the flowers and shrubs.



Next we bought 2 truck loads of flowers, shrubs, and top soil then started planting them. Let me tell you, planting was not an easy process, the ground was sooo hard but we pressed through. I could not have done any of this without the help of Jacob.

 

Then we headed to Lowe's and purchased mulch. . .


We still want to add a stacked river rock border around the flowerbed edges, when we find the time for that project!


P  A  T  I  O   M  A  K  E  O  V  E  R
__________________________

We decided to do a makeover on the back patio!
Here are a few pictures of how we rearranged the furniture and spruced it up a bit. 




Here's our new porch swing we put together, painted, and hung. This is my new favorite spot around the house!

Here's another idea I did a few years ago on our back patio.
I hung inexpensive painters drop cloths for outdoor drapery. {I would suggest waterproofing the panels.}
  

My front porch:


I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...