Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, August 29, 2011

Thonet chair makeover using Annie Sloan chalk paint

I have started a new project for the nursery; painting a £20 old dark brown wardrobe, but as that hasn't been finished yet, I will show you a small project that I did while waiting for the paint to dry.

Some years ago I bought a couple of the classic type Thonet chairs for little money, the ones you often see in pubs. As I was attacking my old wardrobe with Aubusson Blue paint from Annie Sloan, I thought, hey, that might look good on a chair too! I left the seat unpainted (just gave it a coat of wax), which I think goes quite well with the blue-grey colour. What do you think? Improvement?

Chair1

The chair before and after the paint layer:

Chair2

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...