Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Organizing Idea -- Make Frugal Closet Size Organizers!! {tutorial}




Hey there Tatertots & Jello readers!  

I am Anna from over at Ask Anna and I'm so excited to be here with you today. '



 Ask Anna is a blog that answers reader's questions about cleaning, organizing and decorating.  Today I am going to show you how I organize my daughter's clothes for the upcoming seasons by sizes.







As you all know kids have a lot of clothes and they grow in and out of them so quickly!  I am seriously so jealous of my daughter's wardrobe, I wish that every season I could get a whole new set of cute clothes, don't you?  When my daughter was younger I used to get a lot of hand-me-downs but now that she's older I don't get as many so I've been buying more and more clothes for her. The only problem with that is that I'm a little cheap {let's be honest, aren't we all} and I don't like to buy her new clothes at full price, every season.   

What I've started doing is buying her new clothes for the next year at clearance prices this year








It's pretty hard to turn down a super cute shirt for only $2.00, even if it is a 5T and she's only 2!!!

But what do I do with all of the clothes?





Currently I'm only use the right side of my daughter's closet for the current season's clothing so I decided to organize the upcoming sized clothing on the left side.





  • First I started out by separating the items into three categories: 3T, 4T and 5T.  

  • Then I headed out to Micheal's to purchase what I needed to make separating tags.  Since my daughter is my little princess I wanted to make something glamorous and fabulous, even if it is just going to be in the closet. :)

  • Here's what I ended up buying: pink, sparkly letters, plastic charms (that look like large diamonds), small crowns and colorful ribbon.










Aren't these cool? 

I thought these would be the perfect charms for a Princess closet. 

What girl doesn't love a little bling?!






And these too, just adorable.







  • I started by putting them together on a small ring.  Then I closed the ring so that I could add the ribbon.







  • Then I added the sparkly letters to show the different sizes that we have stored in the closet.  Here's what they looked like without the ribbon.  

  • I also made a "w" because I think I might use it for winter coats. 








Here's what her closet looked like before.  Still looks organized because it's color coordinated by size, but it's a little boring, don't you think?








Here's what it looked like after I added the dividers.








They turned out even cuter than I had imagined.   

The best part is they were inexpensive to make and only took me about 5 minutes to put them together!








I've enjoyed putting together this little organizing tip for you all and I'd love to see you over at Ask Anna to hear your organizing, cleaning, decorating questions! 

Thank you so much for having me Jen!









Anna








Thanks Anna!! 





One of my goals this year was to get organized. So this post is so helpful!!! And I am hoping we can talk Anna into sharing more organization ideas to help us get our lives on track.





Some of the other ideas on Anna's site are: 







I never know how to Organize Electronic Cords, love these ideas from Anna!




Have you ever wondered How to Clean Your Washing Machine? Anna tells us how!





Be sure to check out all of Anna's Organization and Cleaning Ideas at Ask Anna!!










PS -- I'm sharing 15 Great Candy Corn Projects at The New Home Ec today.


Check them out to spruce up YOUR Fall Decor!!








0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...