Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Antique Demijohn Inspiration


Nothing says "French Chic" better than a classic demijohn. Historically used to hold wine or water and encased in a beautiful wicker basket.... the demijohn was both functional and beautiful. Ranging from $125-475, they make great decorating accessories. I hardly ever see them when I'm out buying for the store. But a dear customer and close friend of mine scored three on a recent outing. She's awesome! When she called and ask if I wanted them, I didn't hesitate one second. Then she brought them by the store and I fell in LOVE with them. They all three have green glass bottles with woven baskets. One is huge and has double handles and would make a gorgeous lamp base. Needless to say, I kept all three for myself. Two of them found a home in my office on top of my "new" vintage cabinet and the other large one is sitting in front of our fireplace. At least, for now.




I think I have an obsession with bottles. I've made three of my DIY Bottle Lamps for our house and we have vintage bottles all throughout our house too. Here are a few inspiration photos that I can't get enough of lately.




Thanks for stopping by. 


I'm linking to French Country Cottage, Coastal Charm, Show and Share, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Vintage Inspiration at Common Ground, and Inspiration Friday at The Picket Fence

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...