Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

DIY Barnwood Signs

I've been so inspired by aged barnwood signs lately. After seeing them everywhere, I just had to experiment with some reclaimed wood that I found awhile back. I ended up making several signs, one is my last name and the other one represents my business and blog.





Materials you'll need:
  • Scrap Barnwood or Lumber
  • 5" Uppercase Stencils
  • Black and Gray Acrylic Paint
  • Small Paint Brushes
  • A Pencil
  • A Sanding Block
  • A Circular Saw

Start by tracing your letters with a pencil, space and align each letter on the board.


Then outline the letters using a tiny paint brush. Since I used a stencil and didn't want my letters to look like stencils I just filled in and free-handed the letters where needed with a slightly larger paint brush.



I highlighted the letters in gray paint to add a more rustic, worn look. When the paint dried- I sanded over the letters and distressed them. 



 To complete the barnwood signs I cut the length of the board where I needed to separate each sign individually. 



I had so much fun making these signs that I tried my hand at several other techniques and I may even sell and gift a few. I love the rustic charm of using reclaimed wood, a bonus in using it is the gorgeous imperfections. 

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...