Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, June 11, 2012

Mantel Makeover

I hope you had a great weekend. We just got home from a fun weekend trip to Nashville. I haven't blogged in over a week and I just wanted to drop in and share with you this gorgeous mantel we put in our store last week. It has so many beautiful details that I love: the simple moldings, the mirror, the curvy lines on the top, and the shabby, distressed look. I think this mantel would make an excellent upholstered queen headboard! 


We found this mantel last year and it has been sitting in our back room at the store forever. It has been one of those slow going projects. I'm not even sure why, because it has so much potential, but just one that kept getting pushed to the back burner. 

This is what it looked like before we painted it. It had dark wood with burn stains that looked oh so blah and boring. As soon as we painted it the details and moldings were instantly highlighted and updated.



This mantel makeover proves that a little paint goes a long way. 

I'll share our weekend finds sometime this week. . . stay tuned. 

Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...