Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Michael's Creative Crew Blogger Event!


A few weeks ago I was in Texas, as part of the Michaels Creative Crew. It was a whirwind two day trip filled  amazing information, fun, new friends and crafts galore!!  




It was such an honor to be one of the bloggers at this fun event. And I think the thing I loved the most about this trip was getting to know the people behind the Michaels brand.




First of all, I have to say how impressed I am with the people behind Michaels. They are so genuine and they really care about their customers.




The first night we met and learned how to needle felt. I had never tried that before -- I love it! Then we had a fabulous dinner at Gaylord Texan’s restaurant Zeppole -- it was so delicious! 









The design team is led by Jo Pearson, who has been with Michaels for 20 years. The next day we toured their work space. I LOVED seeing their design studio. What a dream job it would be to work there - I can only imagine!!! 




One of the big things I learned is that Michaels has developed their own lines of products that are high quality but more affordable than other designer lines.













Michaels had tables set up with the different lines and crafts made by their design team at each table.


It was so inspiring seeing all of that creativity!!




Then we were treated to lunch at Jo's house - it is incredible and deserves a blog post all of it's own! 


She has the most amazing studio!!




This is her yard! How cute is that turquoise trailer? I wanted to take it home with me!




Isn't her home incredible?


Then we headed over to the Southlake Michaels store for my favorite part of the trip -- crafting with the amazing Michaels Team and the other creative bloggers! We decorated cakes, made necklaces, cards, and these beautiful art journals with Kathy Kromer.




And made our own stamps with foam -- I loved this so much!! 






Every single thing about this event was so fun!!


Thank you Michaels for such a wonderful experience.


 I loved learning more about you and the people behind the scenes!!











I had such a fun time getting to know these ladies. They are all so creative and friendly. 




The "Creative Crew": 



Amy from Amy Atlas Events, Jenn from Hostess with the Mostess, Amy from Living Locurto, Kari from UCreate, Alison from HowDoesShe, Cindy from Skip to My Lou, Kami from No Biggie, Kelly from Make Grow Gather, and Ashley from Make It and Love It.




Get to know Michaels: 







  • Michaels on Facebook & Twitter





  • Michael’s YouTube Channel – great ideas and inspiration!





  • Find a Michaels Store near you.














  • Disclosure --  Michaels Craft Stores paid for my travel and accommodations. They did not require that I blog about this event -- I am blogging about it because I was so impressed. All opinions are 100% mine.


    And a BIG thank you to Empower Media Marketing who did an awesome job making this event happen. 







    Have a Fantastic Day!!! 





    xoxoxo









    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    AD

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...