Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, November 5, 2010

Inspiration from Japan...cups, bowls, fabric and a kimono flea market!

 


Karaku Pottery


Aaaah! Look at this! Shopping heaven! A shop called Kanzando in Kyoto. Image: www.savoryjapan.com

A country I have never been to but is high on my wish list is Japan. I heard so many good things about it and the aesthetics are amazing. I just love the absolute beauty of Japanese ceramics such as the ones pictured from Karaku Pottery in Tokyo. They also have a shop on etsy and ship internationally (yay!). 

And what about this delicate chop stick set from Wasabi World... not that I'd be using it daily, but isn't it pretty?

Image: Wasabi World


I also adore vintage kimono fabrics, which I discovered are for sale on eBay for very reasonable prices. Perfect for cushion covers or other small projects - or to upholster an old chair with, like Anna Troupe did.

The best discovery I made however was the website of Ichiroya, or the Kimono Flea Market. A Japanese flea market!!?? Man, that sounds like serious heaven to me. I must go. I think our next holiday destination needs to be Japan. 

Do check out the Ichiroya website by the way, as it's charming (as is their newsletter http://ichiroyanewsletter.blogspot.com/ ).

Upholstery in vintage kimono fabric by Anna Troupe
Image: catwalkthreads.wordpress.com


Kimono fabric buttons! Image: puchimaiko.blogspot.com



Image: Fluffbuff 


Image: Ichiroya







0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...