Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Cookie Exchange, a Party Craft Idea and some winners!

It was so fun meeting new friends Tuesday at my Holiday Cookie Exchange. Thank you to everyone who came. And for those of you who couldn't come, I am hoping to make this an annual party, so maybe you will be able to join us next year!




I found the idea for a fun chalkboard tree picture in the Seattle Magazine. I just loved the idea, and decided to make a Chalkboard Tree for the Cookie Exchange.


I had a frame, and I covered the frame with some canvas that I had in my fabric stash. My canvas wasn't long enough, so I sewed two pieces together. I covered the underlying board with the fabric and secured it with Gorilla Tape.


Then I freehanded a tree on the canvas. I painted chalkboard paint on the tree. To get the edges smooth, just load up the paintbrush with paint and gently brush the paint along the pencil edges. On the bottom of the tree, I drew a box and then cut out some fabric and hot glued it onto the canvas.


It was fun to have the guests sign the tree with season wishes or just adutograph it when they came into the party!


It would also be a fun thing to do for a birthday. You could paint a package and use ribbon to "wrap" the present. Or, for a New Year's Eve Party -- you could paint a clock, or the year.
Everyone brought such amazing cookies!!




And thank you to Amy from Living Locurto for the great FREE Cookie Party Printables  -- download them for FREE on her blog!!
And here are some winners! 


The Little Black Dress $30 Shop Credit --
 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgEduGTlIp2z46yXL1Exfg2VM7UgyCs3mE9gNyxDKtA_jUYzan7167Y0CZCZSnPW0aqheWw2FhM0eFtl2MPCe7AHzDQvVtwbvT43UyJ39nuhQ8GaPZ9Dhyphenhyphen4VFBDtA0oYTChhVfco7txlGk/s1600/IMG_0098.JPG


THREE Winners of  Pretty Things For You Party Packages:


[IMG_1257+-+Copy.JPG]
1. Selissa @ All Palmer
[Me.JPG]


[head.jpg]
3. Mimi @ Living in France




$25 shop credit to Parties by Hardie:


[Nate%26Kassi+%282%29.jpg]




$40 shop credit to Photo Making Jewelry:


[facebook+profile+family+pic.jpg]






XOXO


PS -- It's another great day on the Holly Bloggy Christmas Party --


HollyBloggyButton1
with a Recipe Party and fantastic Giveaways (hint - Lisa Leonard). 
So link up your recipes and see all the delicious creations!! 
YUM!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...