Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Felt Project -- Winter Snowflake Specimen Art!

 I loved my Halloween Specimen Art
But I figured, it's December -- time to take down Halloween - LOL! 
{I kept the inserts so I can pop them in next October though!!}

I was going to do another version only using a small snowflake punch. But in the end I decided that was a little boring and decided to try something new. It just happened that a couple weeks ago I had a huge desire to learn to make felt snowflakes. I wanted to make a felt runner but never got around to making it. And then the two projects came together!! 




 It was actually really fun experimenting and coming up with snowflakes of different sizes and designs. If you want to make some snowflakes, here's what I did: 
Start with a square piece of paper -- any size. The smaller the original paper - the smaller the snowflake.




To make the Snowflake Specimen Art:

  • I found three coordinating 12 x 12 scrapbook papers in my stash. They fit perfectly in those t-shirt frames. {you can get the frames from Michaels for $3 on sale}. 

  • Then I cut out some foam core. One of my readers suggested this when I made the Halloween version. In that version I used plywood, and foam core is -- much easier to cut out, and much lighter!! 

  • I laid the snowflakes inside the frame and then paid the scrapbook paper on top, followed by the foam core. Then I secured the foam core with some Gorilla Glue Tape. 

  • I used my Silhouette machine to make some pretty words "Let It Snow". I think the Edwardian Script is my favorite font!! 

 
And Voila!! New Winter Snowflake Art. 
And another great thing -- I can keep it up all Winter!! 
This project cost me less than $7 since I already had the frames :)
I think I might still try making that felt runner - I have quite a few snowflakes left!! 


xoxo


What have YOU been working on? I'd love to see!!












PS -- It's time for a 24-hour Facebook Giveaway!! Come over to the

Tatertot and Jello Facebook

page to find out how to win a RED or GREEN Mugsy and Lulu Madcap accessory!!

http://mugsyandlulu.com/publishImages/index~~element27.jpg

http://mugsyandlulu.com/publishImages/about~~element35.jpg



Mad Caps -- A stylish way for girls to tame their tresses. Part headband, part bandana, all comfy ringspun cotton, the madcap is the stylish solution for girls on the go.


Great for under a helmet, the madcap keeps hair from falling into your sporty girl’s eyes. For non-sports, the kerchief-style madcap is a cool solution for girls.The cap is available in 8 fun colors to match all of your stylish one’s outfits.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...