Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spring Sweater Refashion 2011 {#2}









My second sweater refashion is a plain, black Target sweater that I bought last year. It was too plain. So I decided to embellish it a little. 







This refashion also uses a scarf. This is the problem -- I buy scarves because I think they are so adorable but then I never feel like I know how to wear them. Or I feel too self-conscious to wear them. So I also had this scarf that I had bought, also at Target, about a year ago. I love the pattern and colors. 








  • I took the scarf and cut it into 8 inch wide sections, then sewed all the sections together to make one long piece. Then I folded it in half width-wise. And I sewed a long stitch all the way down the scarf, creating a long ruffle. 



 


  • I pinned the ruffle to the inside of the sweater opening and all the way along the collar, down the other side of the sweater. {I adjusted the ruffles so they were all even and the length fit the length of the sweater opening}



 


  •  Then I added some pretty trim to the outside of the sweater opening. I found it at JoAnnes. I think it really pops against the black. 





  • I also added a little ruffle to the sleeves.

























 xoxox





I hope you are having a fantastic week!!! 



PS -- I had a few questions about my adorable camera strap. It's from my friend Valerie who has a great etsy shop -- Zipcoverz. 

And get this, the camera straps have zippers - so you can zip them on and off!!! 

 Such a good idea. 



I'm linking up to these fun parties: 










The DIY Show OffBCD 125UndertheTableandDreaminggiveawaysTidy Mom I'm Lovin It FridaysPhotobucket 
















0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...