Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, June 3, 2011

Guest Project -- Throw a Rustic Wedding & make a DIY Tree Cupcake Stand {tutorial}













Happy Friday Tatertots and Jello readers!


I'm Andrea, your guest blogger today from *Keepin it Thrifty*


*Keepin it Thrifty*







*Keepin it Thrifty* is my collection of DIY, thrifty fashions, Goodwill finds, & anything thrifty


Stop by and take a look, I love meeting new thrifty people. :)










Today, I'm so excited to share with you my DIY Rustic Cupcake Stand. Tatertots & Jello


is my favorite blog when it comes to inspiration.

Thereis always so many wonderful things linked up to the Weekend Wrap Up Party, you guys are amazing and very inspiring!!


I hope this tutorial inspires you! 




DIY Rustic Cupcake Stand Tutorial

  Step 1. Cut three stair step size logs to your desired size.
Mine was 10, 12, & 15"















Step 2. Cut two smaller size logs.


{these will go in the middle}


Mine was 6"








Step 3. Take your drill & screw and drill into the above tier


make sure you go in at a angle.


{like shown in pic below}





Step 4. Repeat step three to the opposite side. You want to make sure your smaller log is securely screwed to the top tier and to the bottom.
Note: you will use four screws for each tier

 



Step 5. Take one screw and drill it into the top. Once again, making sure it is secure.







Step 6.  Repeat steps 3 -5 for each tier 





{this is what your stand should look like so far}







It's really simple and just think of it as a "stacking method"
Step 7. Your FINISHED

















This is what your rustic cupcake stand should look like finished.






And here is my cupcake stand at my wedding.


{5-22-11}
























I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial! 


Jen, thank you so much again for allowing me to share with your readers my tutorial. It's a honor to be on your blog!




Here are a few more DIY wedding crafts I made for my wedding.








 {inspiration}




































And to see a sneak peek at my wedding in pictures


click here


























































 Wow - what a beautiful wedding Andrea!! 


Thank you for sharing it with us!!!


I love the birch tree arbor that you were married under! 






Be sure to check out Keeping it Thrifty for more great ideas, like: 










{and I love Andreas What I Wore posts, where she shows how us how she takes thrift store finds and turns them into fabulous outfits!}




{Aren't Andrea and her new hubby adorable? Congratulations to them!!}





Be sure to head over to Keeping it Thrifty to find out what's next for Andrea! 





xoxo




I love that Rustic Wedding/Party theme idea! 


 Here are a few more pretty Rustic links: 


 


 {Rustic table Numbers @ Le Fru Fru}



















{Shop Ruche}










{Kayce's Blog}
 
PS -- It's Fri-day!!! 
Time for the Weekend Wrap Up Party!!! 

I am SO excited to see what YOU have been working on this week! I'd love to have you link up tonight. The party starts at 6 pm MST.
 











0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...