Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Make a Beachy Rosette Button Necklace {tutorial}



 


Here's my Summer Necklace #2. 


I have loved seeing all of those pretty Rosette necklaces around, I really wanted to make one for summer. So I took some of the material left over from my Flirty Summer Button Necklace #1 and made some rosettes. 





{I have a Rosette Tutorial here if you want to learn how to make the rosettes.}










Beachy Rosette Button Necklace






Supplies:


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhr4YY9dK7yeP3zYlKZs_wLprGYCwOkodgiD_-AB-BAghE2WzhRcdZzyzf-Lp9x6WyFRv4vR7Ejza872mI6hlRfMHrCltLxoP8Y-p8Z0wCwhEyS_Ef4iG8lNLcozC0CzieS0LAeHRE_44WH/s1600/dollar+store+flour+sack.jpg






Fabric - I used more of the Dollar Store Fabric Sacking


Felt for the backing 


Ribbon 


Scrapbook brad


A button 


Glue and glue gun, or fabric glue





{This is also a very simple necklace to make}




  • First I cut out a half circle bib 







  • Then I made the rosettes.







  • Once the rosettes were made I glued arranged them on the bib. And I added the button. Mine is a scrapbook brad inside of a rhinestone button I found at an antique store. I loved the aqua color of the button with the antique rhinestones. 



SO beachy and pretty!!! 








  • The last thing that I did was measure out two lengths of ribbon to tie the necklace together. I added extra so the stings would hang down and showcase the ribbon. 











And now I have a Beachy Summer Rosette Necklace, perfect for a summer bonfire or BBQ!! 







xoxoxo







PS -- I made my first slipcover. 


 And I am SO happy with how it turned out!! I shared a sneak peek on my TT&J facebook page. The full tutorial is coming up soon!! 





And speaking of my TT&J facebook page. I love to share tutorials and feature people there. We just hit 10,000 members and to celebrate I am throwing a fantastical giveaway. It will be coming up this weekend!!! 







PPS -- Check out the fun Groopdealz today. I am picking up a few of these for gifts. $11 Peony Necklace from JessicaNDesigns - 4 Colors to Choose from ($19 Value)








0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...